Wheelbase leverages segment.com for providing integration into hundreds of online services, including tracking for Facebook, Google Analytics, and Google Adwords.
For most customers, the free account offered by segment.com is sufficient - if you have a high volume or are interested in adding any of their advanced integrations, there is a fee. This fee is not connected to Wheelbase in any way, so you'll want to check out there pricing page for more information. For most customers, this is not an issue and the integration will be free.
Once you've created your account, you'll want to create your first source. We've included some steps below, but Segment may have changed things since the time this document was created. If you get stuck, let us know and we'll update the guide!
What we Track
For every customer that hits you personal shop or checkout process, we issue identify commands, page views and checkout steps for conversion tracking.
Identify commands are issued on every page load, which as much of the following information as we have available at the time:
- Address (street, city, state, zip)
Page views are tracked for every page
In addition to normal page view tracking, we also allow you to track conversion steps for your online store. The following events are tracked:
- Viewed a product - Fired when the customer has viewed a listing page
- Adding trip information - Fired on the first step of checkout
- Adding renter information - Fired on the second step of checkout
- Adding protection options - Fired on the third step of checkout
- Paying for reservation - Fired on the payment step
- Order completed - Fired when the order is confirmed, this is typically the most important event for tracking
- Viewed a dealer booking - Fired when your customer accesses their booking details page
Create a Segment Source
After you've created your account, the very next screen will walk you through setting up a source. You'll want to select 'My Website' as the type of source.
Next, you'll be shown your segment key, copy this value so you can paste it into your Wheelbase dashboard
Finally, paste the value into Wheelbase on your Checkout Settings page and click "Save"