- You now have the ability to offer three levels of insurance coverage to your renters
- You can now decide how much you or your renters pay for insurance. (You can have the renters pay the full daily cost; you can split it 50-50; or any combination that works best for you).
- You can now adjust pricing on these insurance “packages” and receive income from them. See below for more details
- You no longer pay insurance based on a percentage fee, but a flat fee that you can better budget for, or offset onto the customer!
- A discounted Outdoorsy lead fee of 10% will now be in effect for all companies that use our insurance.
We also wanted to follow up on some of the preferential settings and Premium Services we offer to increase your revenue and boost conversion. Services like Interior Damage and Trip Insurance cost you nothing, in fact they actually pay you every time one of your renters selects them. To turn these on, go here and select “On” - Premium Services.
Not a “Premium Service”, but a setting that will increase online booking conversions by 58% and boost you in Outdoorsy rankings. Found in the “Reservation Preferences” of your Account Settings.
Your revenue - $10/booking. 13% of renters select this when given the option.
Your revenue - 7.5%/booking. 16% of renters select this when given the option.
The newest payment option for your renters through Wheelbase.
How will this affect my current bookings that already have the percentage based insurance included?
Your currently booked reservations will not be affected. However, if the insurance status changed on a booking (rejected then enabled), the booking will use the new packages.
Can I adjust the renter’s price for the packages?
Yes, in your Premium Services section of Wheelbase, you can increase or decrease the price of packages. Decreasing the price means you will take on that cost. Increasing the price means you will earn that money as additional revenue. Learn more here.
Can I upcharge for packages and earn additional revenue?
Yes! The transition to packages now allows you to add a Service Premium to each individual package. Adding a positive number here will increase the price of the package and you keep that upcharge as revenue. Learn more here.
How do packages affect my coverage level for my vehicles? (U.S. Coverages)
They do not change your level of coverage. You/your company maintain full coverage of $250,000 property damage and up to $1M Liability protection for your company. The package selection only changes the renter’s coverage level. In the event a renter’s package selection does not cover the extent of damage, our insurance team will fully payout the claim to you, and our insurance team will collect any necessary funds from the renter.