To provide insurance coverage on rental periods, there needs to be at least 1 verified driver in the system, who is approved to be covered by our insurance protection.
Things to know when adding drivers to a reservation
- The verification is triggered when the reservation is "booked" or paid for. Meaning the system does not run the verification on QUOTES. Once the verification is triggered, the result will be completed in under a minute.
- You MUST have at least 1 verified driver prior to the rental departure, otherwise the system will reject the insurance and refund any paid insurance fees to the renter. (except "Delivery Only" insurance status)
- Additional drivers can be added to the reservation up until the final date of the booking.
- Make sure to include ALL requested information to ensure an accurate screening
- Each individual must be added with their own unique information (you cannot use the same email address or phone number as another driver)
- Renters must be 25 years of age
- Married Couples: If 1 spouse is verified by the Wheelbase Verification, their husband/wife will also become verified and approved to drive when they are submitted into the system. If a spouse fails, try adding the other spouse for verification on both. **Only applies to married couples**
- It is your responsibility to make sure drivers are verified prior to handing off the keys to your vehicle.
How to add a driver to a reservation
- Navigate to the reservation, click on Verified Drivers at the bottom
- Click "add a new driver"
- Fill out the information
- Click "Request Driver Verification"
- Results will be available in under a minute!
Having an issue with a driver verification? Send over the reservation ID # and all the details in the support chat located at the bottom right corner of your screen.