If the security deposit is not managed within 7 days of a reservation being checked back in, the entire amount will be automatically refunded to the customer.
Once a security deposit is managed, no further changes can be made on that specific charge. You'll need to refund from the Reservation Charges.
The security deposit may only be charged once.
- Navigate to the Reservation in question - it should be returned.
- Click on the red "Manage Security Deposit"
Four options will appear, choose the one that describes what you would like to do, you can also include a message to the customer to explain. The options are:
- Hold Security Deposit: This prevents the system from automatically refunding the deposit after 7 days. Use this if you need to investigate further to determine how much, if any, of the deposit should be withheld, but you need longer than the 7 days.
- Claim Entire Security Deposit: The total deposit will be transferred to your account
- Release Part of the Security Deposit: Allows you to return part of the deposit, a box will appear for you to enter the desired refund amount.
- Release the Entire Security Deposit: The entire deposit is refunded to customer