For our full Owner Protection Policy, please click here.

Let’s break it down. Our Comprehensive and Collision coverage for exterior damages is available to RVs, travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, truck campers, campervans, sports mobiles, and certified Westfalias, VW campers, and vintage units.

Note that this excludes tow vehicles unless they’re also listed on Outdoorsy and rented at the same time as the trailer. Tow vehicles must be approved for coverage separately from a trailer.

Motorized vehicles (including tow vehicles) must be year 2000 or newer to qualify for liability insurance protection. Older Westfalias, VW vans, and vintage units can be covered under our Vintage Plan for both Liability and Comprehensive & Collision. The Vintage Plan covers only $75,000 for Comprehensive & Collision.

There is no restriction on age for trailers, as long as they pass their regularly scheduled mechanical safety inspections.

Other important considerations:

  • Outdoorsy’s insurance policy doesn’t replace your personal insurance policy. Get a free quote from Roamly, our preferred insurance partner!

  • Only transactions made through Outdoorsy qualify for our $1M RV liability and up to $500,000 Comprehensive & Collision insurance.

  • Interior damage is not covered under the Outdoorsy Comprehensive and Collision coverage, optional Damage Protection coverage can be purchased for interior damage protection.

  • Losses caused by mechanical failures, wear and tear, lack of maintenance, or damages occurring over time, are not covered.

  • Collision policy goes back as far as we elect on newer motorized vehicles, but a rate charge may apply.

  • Every vehicle must pass an inspection of its tires, brakes, LP, and gas, within 90 days of the reservation departure. Outdoorsy’s insurers reserve the right to request these inspection documents in the case of a claim.

  • Vehicles must be registered, meet all safety standards, and be certified through and listed with Outdoorsy.

  • All drivers, including the primary contract signer, must be verified through the Outdoorsy verification process.

  • Our coverage does not extend to rentals entering Mexico.

  • Damage as a result of vandalism or theft during the rental period must also include a police report for submission to our claims team.

  • The protection package for renters is mandatory and cannot be opted out of unless the driver has failed the verification, in which case they will need an insurance binder.

  • Loss of use for personal use or for upcoming scheduled rentals is not covered by Outdoorsy.

  • In the event a claim needs to be filed, you need to have pre-trip photos, post-trip photos, and either the Driveable RV Departure and RV Return forms or the Towable RV Departure and RV return forms, completed and signed.

Did this answer your question?